Monday, December 1, 2008

Bad Start to the Week

Tanta, one of the co-authors of Calculated Risk, has passed away from ovarian cancer.

For those of you who don't read Calculated Risk--you're blowing it. Get over there right now and start learning.

I can't begin to explain the wealth of knowledge I've gained from that blog, and although I can't recall how I stumbled upon it in the first place, my life and understanding of economics and real estate has benefited greatly from doing so.

It was (and is) such an honor to be linked to CalculatedRisk--especially since I didn't have that many posts under my belt at the time. They apparently liked something about my writing and added me to their blogroll, which was an enormous motivator to keep writing. And yes, they link to LOTS of other blogs, but I still exude a sense of pride and accomplishment and feel honored.

There are many other great economics blogs out there (some I haven't even discovered yet), but CR is the best. It's the bible of economic understanding as far as I'm concerned.

Thank you Tanta for your generosity and all the elucidation you have given us. Your wit and ability to simplify the complex will be greatly missed, and you will leave incredibly large shoes to fill.

-el bee

1 comment:

  1. Very sad El Bee. Agree that CR is top shelf. They just posted links to most of Tanta's posts. Brilliant stuff.

    ReplyDelete